Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'M ON A MISSION!

With the shift to our new apartment we have been thinking up creative ways to redecorate or breath life into the things we already have.  I am so happy with the extra light and space that it feels like a fresh start. 

This means it's time for a new duvet/quilt cover.  The only problem is they are HORRIBLE!  I have only found one that is gorgeous but not perfect and they don't ship overseas. The rest are boring/plain/drab/terrible fabric etc.  So I have hatched a plan.  Make one!  I know I want colourful, I know I want bright, I know I want interesting and I know I want it to be personal so....

I have taken this photo of O

And turned it into this (using Picnik)

I will only use the right 3/4's of the picture (from the orange squares) then all I need to do is find varying shades of cotton in all the colours in the image and piece together a quilt!  I am off fabric shopping in the morning.  Wish me luck and I promise to keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, you are a genius, what a great idea. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K! I haven't started it yet so we will see. I'm not sure of the best way to quilt it??? Hmmm.. And yes, I can send you bags of scraps!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete